Documentation of progress in Website Development (using Wix). Adding products, price, description.

 In this post I will explain how I added products to my T-shirt website in Wix.

On dashboard by chosing option "Products" it will show all products you have wich were build in tamplate (1), however,  I had to add 20 new products, as instructed by tutor.

(1)
I deleted all in build products and chose option "New Product" on the right side corner (2).
(2)

It opens new window with options to upload your image or chose image from Wix library (3). All my images are from Wix. You can use search engine to optimise your search results.

(3)
After chosing image it will ask you to add information about your product, chose category(4), add product options such as color and size (5), and add price, also it will calculate your profit if youenter how much you will spend on goods (6).
(4)


(5)





(6)
I added 20 new products for Man and Woman. I will have budget friendly T-shirts for 7.99 with minimalistic design, regular T-sirts for 9.99 where design is more colourful and premium T-shirts for 12.99 where customer can create his own design.





 I chose my prices based on odd pricing research which states that prices ending with 99 such as, £7.99 looks more appealing and cheaper to consumers than price £8.00 (Gendall et.al 1997). Even if this research is not "new", I was learning about this "trick" back in Latvia when I was studying Retail science. 

References

Gendall, P. Holdershaw, J. and Garland, R. (1997) "The effect of odd pricing on demand" European Journal of Marketing, 31(11/12), pp.799-813. Available at: The effect of odd pricing on demand | Emerald Insight (Accessed: 9 February 2023)

Comments

Popular Posts